Thursday, December 23, 2010

Merry Christmas!

We're ready for Christmas around here!  Christmas is my favorite holiday - not because of all the celebrations, but because of the traditions.  This year we have over seven family Christmases, but we will only go to three or four.  Our goal is to participate in one celebration per family, so we still have time to celebrate as a little family of three.

I like to have most things done and prepared ahead of time, so we can enjoy all the running,  um, I mean celebrating! 

Laundry is done (mostly)?  Check.

 


Christmas music is playing? Check.


Baked goods and appetizers finished?  Check. 
 (If you're wondering what's in the Zip-loc; it's jiao zi - one of my Dad's favorites.  It's LABOR INTENSIVE.  I only make it at Christmas.  Because I love my Dad. And to the purists, who don't like my folding...my excuse is I don't have a crimper).


Dishes are clean?  Check.


Presents wrapped? Check.

 

India's Christmas dresses washed and ready for wear?  Check.



Is a healthy, happy little girl ready to be overstimulated, overtouched, overtired and turned into a little grinch on her first Christmas?  Um, wait.  Is that a booger sucker in her hand?  Yes it is.


Yeh, she's got a stuffy nose - although she thinks the booger sucker is her new BFF.  A baby with a cold wasn't on my original checklist. 

Oh well.

At least we have an easy excuse for when Great-Great Uncle So-and-So is the umpteenth person to get in her face, snap a flash picture, try to grab her, throw a toy in her face, scare her with a loud laugh, and then make her cry.  When Great-Great Uncle So-and-So asks why she won't go to sleep in the midst of it all and if he is upsetting her, we can say, "No, she just has a cold".

We wouldn't want to hurt Great-Great Uncle So-and-So's feelings. ;-)

So, from my house to yours, wherever you may be, I hope that in the midst of family and food, you can find some time to reflect upon the real purpose of Christmas. 

 I pray regularly for my readers, and my prayer for you today is that you know this God who is with us this holiday season, in a way that you have never known Him before.

God bless you all and Merry Christmas!!!

Labels: , , ,

1 Comments:

At December 24, 2010 at 9:51 AM , Blogger the mom~ said...

I have been ready too and it feels sooooo good! My brother came into town late Tuesday night and I wanted to have it all done to enjoy his family. Thank you for praying for me(us). I hope your Christmas is wonderfully blessed!!!
Oh and India's dresses are gorgeous!

 

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you!

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home