Wednesday, December 8, 2010

The Toy She Wanted & The Toy She Got

We decided not to get India very much for Christmas for a few reasons this year.
  1. She's a baby. If it crinkles, sparkles or is brightly colored, she's entertained.
  2. She has grandparents.  Enough said.
As a "gift", I planned on letting her go crazy with bright colored tissue paper.  Let her tear it up, chew on it a bit (maybe) and throw it in the air to entertain her.  It would've been her favorite gift.  Promise.

But on Black Friday, I did order her some Little Pim Chinese Language learning DVD's.  They were half off with free shipping.  Score-izzle!

The other night in an evil store, we happened upon a new toy (on clearance) for India and decided to buy that for her in addition to her Little Pim DVD's.  We decided to let her play with it (don't worry I'll re-wrap it in some bright tissue paper for Christmas day, and she'll be more than happy about the tissue paper).

Here's the toy she got.  She looked at if for about 2 minutes until....


She saw the toy she wanted!


Trying...


Success! (as mom begins to panic a little. Don't be overprotective, Genevieve. Don't.)


Still cute, but watching so it doesn't go in her m.....


...MOUTH! Ahhh!


 
I don't think I've ever dropped my camera so fast! 
(I'm actually surprised I got a picture of this)


 
The lights are taken away and the back-arching begins


Cue the tears. And drama.


"But India, you still have your NEW toy!"

Poor child.

I'm sorry I won't let you play with glass, electrically charged, lead-infused Christmas lights & now because you touched them (my fault) we both have to scrub our hands. 

If I was a good mom, I never would've let you even touch those cognitive impairing lights in the first place.  I would've just stuck with tissue paper.

Labels: , ,

6 Comments:

At December 8, 2010 at 12:31 PM , Blogger Uniquely Normal Mom said...

I was SO scared! Thankfuly she never even closed her mouth on it. The whole ordeal from hands to mouth to dropping the camera to taking it out of her hands was less than 10 seconds.

Good thing she's still pretty slow!

 
At December 8, 2010 at 2:59 PM , Blogger Vanessa said...

Haha! I love it...poor girl! :)

 
At December 8, 2010 at 10:42 PM , Blogger the mom~ said...

LOL, cute!

 
At December 12, 2010 at 1:42 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I enjoyed this very much! The fact that you captured a picture of the light bulb in India's mouth is priceless. Now I have the song, This little light of mine, I'm gonna let it shine... stuck in my head. However, I'm interested in India's new toy. I want one for Keith!

 
At December 15, 2010 at 3:08 PM , Blogger Uniquely Normal Mom said...

I got it at a massive store, with cheap prices....and it's not Target. It was on clearance for $8, so I couldn't resist.

 
At August 9, 2011 at 12:11 PM , Anonymous the mom~ said...

LOL, cute!

 

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you!

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home