Monday, December 6, 2010

Process of Forgiveness, Part 2

Remember a few weeks ago, I posted this blog post? 

A brief recap: I was having a hard time forgiving someone who had said some hurtful things to me several months ago.  I thought I had forgiven that person, but one morning as I thought about them and felt frustration and anger, God told me that I was still in the process of forgiveness with them & really needed to reconcile.

Here is an update.
This person and I got together and talked, finally!  We were both nervous; she was afraid I was going to yell at her and I was afraid she was going to hurt me more.  THANKFULLY, none of that happened!!! 

We talked and shared ... honestly.

She explained that she was in a difficult situation during that time and didn't mean what was said and it was misunderstood.  And I knew that things were stressful for her at that time and that her comments probably stemmed from that - not towards me or India. 

Praise God for forgiveness and reconcilition!!! When I think of this person now, there is absolutely NO hard feelings at all! 

It's such a great feeling.

As grateful as I am that forgiveness doesn't have to happen overnight, it sure is a great feeling when the poisonous weight of bitterness and frustration is unharnassed from my back.

"If it is possible, as far as it depends on you, live at peace with everyone."
Romans 12:18

Labels: , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you!

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home