Friday, December 3, 2010

Happy Birthday to my BESTEST friend!

35 years ago today, the world was blessed with this little boy.....
What a cutie!
Today is my husband Dallas' birthday!  If you have never met my husband or haven't had the privilege of getting to know him, I feel sorry for you because he is one amazing man!

Falling in Love....2001


We've been married for over 9 years, and I can say with all my heart that I trust and respect this man with everything I have.

Wedding Day, October 6, 2001


He really is who he says he is and how he acts in public is who he is behind closed doors.
Let me tell you a little bit about him.  He is tall and broad.  He is physically strong - full of muscles!  He makes me feel very safe. He is incredibly athletic, great at every sport he attempts.  He loves the New York Yankees and did even when he was a little boy and they sucked.

Minneapolis 2010
He is tall, with blue eyes, varying amounts of facial hair and a bald head.  He is loud and has been described as a "bull in a china shop" many times.  Most of the time, I love that about him. 

He is incredibly funny.  And boy does he like to laugh! And his laugh is very contagious!  I love watching movies with him, because it makes me laugh.  He is also fun to be with.  Lots of entertaining moments with him!
Fall 2010

He loves to read and know what is going on in the world.  He likes to hear others opinions and loves to engage in challenging conversations. 

Colorado 2006

Dallas doesn't go with the norm.  He will share his feelings and cry.  He could care less about "what you're supposed to do".  He doesn't want a house with a white picket fence.  He isn't moved by material things.  Well, maybe a bit by cool techie items.

He will stir the pot sometimes.  OK, he stirs the pot a lot! :-)

2007

He is very busy.  He doesn't like idleness, but yet he still finds time to chill.

People LOVE my husband.  Lots of people know him.  And he knows lots of people.  He isn't extroverted when you first meet him, but once you get to know him, he sure is!

Tibet 2004
He could care less about money, and he trusts God to provide our every need - always.  I have NEVER one time heard him talk about finances being tight, or worrying about bills, or how we were going to afford whatever.  He has faith like you or I cannot believe.

He is consistent.  Patient.  And very gentle.  He is committed. He is sensitive and tender.  He stays calm (except when behind the wheel) and always has a positive outlook on everything. Which can drive me batty sometimes. 

Colorado 2005

Before I started dating Dallas, and he wasn't even on my list of "potentials", I always said, Dallas will be such a great husband.  Whoever marries him is going to be one lucky girl!   I am that lucky girl.  It's better than I could've imagined.

Dating 2001
He loves me so much, and tells me all the time how beautiful I am.  He serves me, always.  I am spoiled by him.  I can tell when I look in his eyes that he is madly in love with me.  And I am crazy about him also.

At the end of my pregnancy I couldn't tie my shoes.  Dallas had shoe-tying duty!
I tend to be a little crazy, wild, extreme, however you want to put it.  Dallas has been the perfect balance for me.  And I for him.  I've calmed down, and he has livened up! :-)

He adores his little girl, and would cross the world a billion times over to see her happy.  He loves to take care of her, and no one can make her smile like her Daddy can.  He is very protective of her.  He is such an amazing, involved Dad.

November 2010

He loves to spend time with his little family.  And we cherish every minute with him.

He is always there when I need to talk or process something with him.  Poor guy, I'm a verbal processer, so he has to sort through all my ramblings!  He isn't really an encourager by nature, but with me, he is always encouraging.  I feel safe in his large embrace.

Fall 2010
He is very wise in the things of God.  Daily, sometimes many times a day, people come to him for advice on personal, difficult situations.

He is VERY trustworthy.

He never raises his voice.  He gets hurt easily if I raise mine. 

Dallas is passionate.  He is stirred and sickened by injustice.  He really, truly does want to make a difference in this world.  He is committed to his job as a youth pastor, and loves all his youth group kids.  He doesn't care that his job isn't making us a fortune.  He is paid part time, but he easily works 60 hours a week.


Hong Kong 2006
He is an amazing preacher and teacher.  The insights he gathers from the Bible are beyond what I can even understand sometimes.  He has a way of touching hearts and minds so deeply when he teaches.  He is always very personal. 

He is not bound by denominational lines. 

He really loves the messy people.  He doesn't judge those people at all.

Afghanistan 2005

He is crazy in love with God.  That and his humor, were the first things that attracted me to him.  He is very tender towards to voice of God, and is a willing servant. 

God has blessed Dallas in everything he does...really, He has.  Full of wisdom.  Full of peace.  Ready for change.

I'm so proud to be his wife.

Canada 2007

I love you, Dallas.  Thank you for being the perfect man & best friend for me - it's an honor to be yours.  Happy Birthday, my love.
Hoover Dam 2010


Labels: , , ,

8 Comments:

At December 3, 2010 at 10:53 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

WOW... Genevieve, what a gift you have given Dallas by all these wonderful pictures but more... the affirming words. I'm proud to call your husband my friend, too! Blessings on your birthday Dallas!!!

 
At December 4, 2010 at 3:28 PM , Blogger Uniquely Normal Mom said...

Thanks, Val! He is a blessing to many people! :-)

 
At December 5, 2010 at 8:27 AM , Blogger Melissa said...

Hi! I know your sister Vanessa and arrived here through her blog.
I really enjoyed my visit and will keep reading in the future!
What a great husband you have and a lovelier blog post I've yet to read.
Blessings to you and yours.

 
At December 5, 2010 at 10:26 PM , Blogger Uniquely Normal Mom said...

Hey Melissa, thanks for stopping by! Glad my blogging resonated with you. I'm looking forward to reading your blog also, as you're quite a few steps ahead of me in life!

 
At December 6, 2010 at 12:11 PM , Blogger Vanessa said...

Beautiful Gen! Meant to comment on the day I read it, but forgot. Dallas is a blessed man!

 
At May 9, 2011 at 9:36 PM , Blogger blissisthis said...

Hey G, (I hope it's okay I call you that...lol) I love, love, love this! It's amazing how much your husband and mine is alike in nature...Big guy, but teddy bear inside..(contagious laugh)..wow Anywho..I love this post..I really felt my heart becoming lighter and lighter as I read more about you two. I can honestly say I love you two just from reading this! May God continue to let your love and light touch the hearts of many heavy hearted and ones needed that extra kick in their life! You've definitely touched me from this post, and I am so blessed to be able to witness so much spiritual bliss from your blog! :D <3 LOVE, FALON!!!!

 
At August 9, 2011 at 12:10 PM , Anonymous blissisthis said...

Hey G, (I hope it's okay I call you that...lol) I love, love, love this! It's amazing how much your husband and mine is alike in nature...Big guy, but teddy bear inside..(contagious laugh)..wow Anywho..I love this post..I really felt my heart becoming lighter and lighter as I read more about you two. I can honestly say I love you two just from reading this! May God continue to let your love and light touch the hearts of many heavy hearted and ones needed that extra kick in their life! You've definitely touched me from this post, and I am so blessed to be able to witness so much spiritual bliss from your blog! :D <3 LOVE, FALON!!!!

 
At August 9, 2011 at 12:10 PM , Anonymous Vanessa said...

Beautiful Gen! Meant to comment on the day I read it, but forgot. Dallas is a blessed man!

 

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you!

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home