Saturday, January 8, 2011

I Want You To Know...(Happy 6 Months India!)

To my dear India Josephine,


You are now 6 months old.  6 months.  That's half a year!  I can't believe how fast you have grown!  You are still my little lovebug and my joy.  I can honestly say that I am cherishing every moment with you.  I can't believe you, my precious daughter, are getting so big!


There are so many things about you that haven't changed at all.  Mostly, your personality.  A few things have changed.  Those are mostly developmental things.  I want you to know, that whatever pace you are changing, it's alright with me.  It's supposed to be.  I also want you to know that your personality is unique - I never want to quench your spirit or try to change you into something for my convenience.


My heart skips a beat when you smile or laugh.  Your Daddy & I are so proud of you! You are absolutely beautiful - perfectly made.  Your bright blue eyes, little tongue, chubby cheeks - gorgeous.  I want you to know there is no one more beautiful than you.


You love people, always have a smile for everyone (except when you're overtired) and you enjoy getting lots of attention from all people.  You are by definition, a ham.  You know how to charm and win people over.  Complete strangers love you everywhere we go as you light up for the slightest smile.  You are a people baby!  You bless many people daily!  I want you to know that God has great plans in relationships for you.


You are very, um, let's say vocal.  You have been since Day 1.  When you were first born, you let us know, and all the neighbors, the instant you were hungry!  You have always been very good at communicating exactly what you need.  In that way, it has made it easy on me as your mother.  There is nothing subtle about your personality.  But what can you expect with your Daddy and I as your parents?  ;-)  I'm 95% sure that you say "hi" now.  I want you to know that your voice can someday be used to speak for the voiceless.  I also want you to know that you are ALWAYS going to have a voice and be heard with your Daddy and I.  I don't want you to be quiet because that's not who you are.

You were very active inside my tummy.  You still have to be on the move now.  You still love to "stand" up.  You still hate to be cradled, and I wince when people try to cradle you, because I know you will begin to cry.  I don't have the heart to tell them you hate to be held that way - I'm always counting on your great lungs to communicate.  And most of the time, it works.  You LOVE to sit up (on your own of course, Ms. Independent) and look around.  You want to be on the go, and I'm sure that once you start moving yourself you will be the happiest baby ever!  I want you to know that all your energy is OK!  There are lots of things that you can do in the world!  I don't believe that you have to be this perfect, calm baby/person.  And neither should you.


You are determined and persistent in every sense of the word.  There isn't an ounce of apathy in you. If you see a toy, you won't stop until you get it.  I would say you are aggressive.  In a good way, of course.  If you are laying down, and we sit you up but you really wanted to stand up, you will yell at us until we finally stand you up.  Then you send us a big smile.  You have been this way from the beginning.  I want you to know that this determination and boldness can serve you well.  I pray that your eyes will stay on your goals and the passions that are in your heart won't die before their time.

You are a smart little girl.  You easily know and recognize people and remember places. You know which toys do what.  I will continue to teach you and help you grow, and don't plan on dumbing things down for you, in language, in developmental activities, in every day life.  I want you to know that I only wish to encourage your intelligence, that's why I will continue to challenge you.

You are very curious and observant, still.  It takes a lot for you to sleep if there are people talking around you, or music playing.  Some people think you should just be able to sleep anywhere, but just remember, they only sleep in their own beds, not in the middle of a "party". ;-) You have to see and be involved in everything.  As much as you are active and you love people and like to be out doing things, you are easily overstimulated.  Of course, you haven't learned when enough is enough, so I try to decide that for you.  I'm was and still am the same way.  I want you to know that your sensitivity is normal.  I don't expect you to drown out everything else.  I hope and pray that you stay sensitive.  I want you to know that your observation can be a great tool in discernment.


You do love to be home, especially when you feel overwhelmed by lots of noises and people.  Many times, after a time of overstimulation and crying, we will come home and you will just coo and cuddle and giggle with us for two more hours!  You just wanted to be left alone by everyone else and wanted us.  I want you to know that if you ever find yourself in a situation that is just "too much", you can always come home to us!  We will be here, waiting for you with love.


I know by the time you can read this that you probably won't believe that you wanted to be with me so much.  But you do.  You look for me everywhere, you don't let me far from your sight.  And when I know you're being bothered by something and I don't rescue you immediately, either because I don't want to hurt any one's feelings or because I want you to be exposed to other things, you look at me with desperation in your eyes.  I want nothing more than to "rescue" you.  Of course, sometimes I do.  I want you to know that I will do my best to be there to help you.  I will also protect you.  But I do want you to experience other things.


You love to chew on my chin.  You also love to give me big kisses.  You grab my head, pull me close and slobber all over me!  I love it!   You have a great sense of humor!  Your exercauser is the first toy you've loved, besides Sophie the Giraffe and your new Babi Corolle doll.  You still love to be read to.   You still love your nekkid time and love to chew on your toes.  You aren't really allowed to watch TV, except for Baby Signing Time & Little Pim Chinese.  They only hold your attention for about 10 minutes. :-)  Then, you are looking for real people to interact with, my little social girl.  I want you to know that I love watching you have fun.  I'm not a fun-spoiler!  The guidelines we have set up for you already are for your good (I'm sure you'll be hearing that a lot more).


You are content in a carrier, on me.  That way you can observe and be a part of everything, but yet still stay close to me for comfort.  You could stay this way all day long.  We have a great bond.  I want you to know that you can always come to me for comfort and shelter.  I will try my best.


Your Daddy can make you laugh like no one else!  You are crazy about him!  He can lift your mood in an instant.  Daddy is always a lot of fun - he makes everything very fun! He prays for you, and you love to "talk" with him.  You love him and he loves you.  I want you to know that your Daddy will always pray for you, be there for you and loves it when you talk to him!  Your Daddy is great at giving you undivided attention.


You love, love, love music!  You will sit by me on the piano and "play" and "sing" with me.  The first time I knew for sure that I felt you move in my tummy was when I was playing piano and singing.  You also love to dance!!!  I want you to know that even if you end up not being musically inclined, I will love you just the same.  I don't want to pressure you to perform.  I want you to know that it's OK to let the rhythm move you.  Don't be embarrassed.


I want you to know India, that I love you with all of my being.  You have changed how I see the world.  You have made every day of my life brighter.  I thank God for you, the little person that He entrusted to me. Thank you for being you


I want you to know that I'll love you always and forever!
Mama

Labels: , , , ,

4 Comments:

At January 8, 2011 at 5:16 PM , Blogger Vanessa said...

Beautiful letter to her! Happy 6 months India! Before I know it, I'll be telling you happy 6th birthday. I love you very much! Love, Auntie Nessa

 
At January 9, 2011 at 2:15 PM , Blogger Tami said...

Oh Gen, this is beautiful! You are so great at finding the perfect words to express such deep emotions - I just love reading these letters!! India will be so blessed to have all of these to look back on, and she is so lucky to have such an amazing mama.

 
At January 11, 2011 at 2:36 PM , Blogger Uniquely Normal Mom said...

Thanks girls! I just can't get enough of her (most of the time)!

 
At August 9, 2011 at 12:12 PM , Anonymous Steve and Tami, etc... said...

Oh Gen, this is beautiful! You are so great at finding the perfect words to express such deep emotions - I just love reading these letters!! India will be so blessed to have all of these to look back on, and she is so lucky to have such an amazing mama.

 

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you!

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home