Tuesday, December 28, 2010

A Christmas to remember. And forget a little too.

I hope you all had a wonderful Christmas!!  We had a few hiccups along the way, but overall, we have been blessed this Christmas season. 


India had 5 pretty Christmas outfits, all of them gifts, borrowed or hand-me-downs! 

India and cousin Brooklynn in the Christmas dresses Grandma Shelly got them.  Grandma Shelly even made their hats!

We cut back this year, and only had 4 Christmas celebrations this year.  Well, that's not totally true, because we still have two more, but at least they're not during the busy time.

India with Grandma Kay

The three of us got lots of great gifts - iTunes (or iPod tunes ;P) , Amazon, Target, Best Buy, Walmart, Hobby Lobby, movie theatre, and Pout Baby Boutique gift cards.  And of course, the much loved CASH gifts!  We got lots of other things too, which we are enjoying!


I must say, I was way more excited about India's gifts than my own!  She got 10 different books this Christmas, and for anyone that doesn't know, this girl loves to be read to!
So exciting!
I did get a bad gift this year - an abscessed front tooth. 

Ouch.  That's the part of Christmas I'd like to FORGET! 

Not my first, but hopefully my last!  Because I'm breastfeeding and allergic to a lot of medicines, it's been difficult finding antibiotics and painkillers for me.  Through the course of it all, we also found out I have adverse reactions to Codeine, too.  Which is fine with me, because it wasn't even taking away my pain! 

I didn't get tons of pictures of India at my parent's Christmas, because I was in so much pain, but here are a couple!

India is the youngest, so she got to open her gifts first.  Here is the ANXIOUS view from our seat!!

Tired India and big cousin, Zoelle.  Zoelle wore this dress for her first Christmas, also!
India also enjoyed her first snowmobile ride.  She needed a little coaxing at first, but enjoyed it!
"It's OK, honey!"
India still hasn't opened her presents from us, and it looks like it will just be her and I having our own little Christmas, since my husband is really busy, and our weekend was filled with family gatherings and emergency dentist appointments.

Back to Ms. India again....her first tooth has made it's grand appearance!  My baby is growing up!

And perhaps my favorite photo this Christmas... 

India and Grandpa Ken
I'm scheduled for a root canal this week! I know a lot of people hate root canals, but I love them, because they equal relief! I can hardly wait until I no longer look like a Who from Dr. Seuss!

Dallas is leaving for Ghana, Africa in a couple of days. He is going to speak at a youth retreat there. I'm VERY jealous that he gets to go and see some great friends, and meet many new friends. But I'll get over it. I think.

While he is gone, I'm going to start preparing and freezing baby food for when India starts solids.  I'll also blog more often too. ;-)

Would you pray for my husband as he travels to Ghana this week?  Especially pray for the kids that he'll be ministering to!   Thank you!!

Labels: , , , , ,

4 Comments:

At December 28, 2010 at 8:58 PM , Blogger the mom~ said...

Praying for sure! If you need anything while he's gone, don't hesitate to ask us, we're right down the street :)

 
At December 28, 2010 at 9:32 PM , Blogger Vanessa said...

What a darling little girl India is! I still can't believe she got her first tooth. And still praying for you with your tooth. :( Also, know that we are covering all of you in prayer while Dallas is in Africa! Love!

 
At December 29, 2010 at 9:52 AM , Blogger Uniquely Normal Mom said...

Thanks so much, Salena! I feel so taken care of!

Thank you, Vanessa! My tooth started feeling better last night, and Dallas got all packed up(for the most part)!

 
At August 9, 2011 at 12:10 PM , Anonymous the mom~ said...

Praying for sure! If you need anything while he's gone, don't hesitate to ask us, we're right down the street :)

 

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you!

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home