Friday, September 30, 2011

Weekend Reading: Stuff I'm passionate about! 9/30

Here are some of my favorite finds I've found this week.  I'll be honest, this week I've purposely picked things that I'm passionate about!   Enjoy!

Womens healthcare: Rebekah shares how Moon Cups are helping women burdened with horrible obstetric fistulas in Ethiopia.  Fistulas are quite often caused because many young girls' underdeveloped bodies can't handle labor and during the prolonged labor, they suffer tears in their rectum or bladder.  It causes them to leak urine or feces, leaving not only a stench, but it also leaves many women paralyzed and ostracized.

Baby-wearing: Vanessa at Jewels & Treasures has a giveaway for a Mei Tei carrier!

World milk-sharing week this week: Jennifer's son is born still and in spite of her tragic loss, she spends her days postpartum pumping and donating her breastmilk.

Happy weekend and happy reading! 


Labels: , , ,

1 Comments:

At October 1, 2011 at 12:27 PM , Anonymous jewelsntreasures said...

Thanks for sharing the blog love! :)

 

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you!

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home