Thursday, September 15, 2011

I enjoyed every minute!

For the first half of last summer (2010), I was pregnant.  Hot.  Sticky.  Swollen.  Uncomfortable. 


The next half of the summer I had a newborn baby.  Milk everywhere.  Bleeding.  Postpartum belly.  Little sleep. 


It wasn't a horrible summer by any means, but I think it's safe to safe I enjoyed every bit of this summer in order to make up for last summer! 

Summer is my favorite season: water activities, HEAT, sunshine, minimal clothing, warmth, bonfires, yummy food, camping, everyone's more laid back, gardening, running around barefoot, going on walks, amazing fruits and veggies, and tons of fun gatherings with friends and families!  Love ALL of it. 

Instead of being depressed that it's now freezing here (goodbye, garden) at night and is now sweatshirt weather, I want to thank God for a great summer!


Summer 2011

 
The beginning of our garden...


My first 5K....



We served out community with many of the youth from our town for one week....


Happy 4th of July....


India turned ONE....






I went tubing down the river and tubing behind the boat several times...

                                               (no picures, sorry!)

India's first swimming pool....



I entered a swimsuit competition.....no public pics of that though. If you really want to see, contact me and maybe I'll let you see them for a small fee! ;-)



We had a great time camping at a music festival....



Flying over the beautiful lakes of MN with my Dad....




Starting to preserve and eat my garden's produce...



We went to the county fair...


 

Beach time....




Lazy afternoons laying in our yard....

                          

Good times with great friends (the same ones that ran the 5k)....


 
Preserving TONS from our garden....


Goodbye, summer.  I wait eagerly for your return in 2012!! 

Love,
Genevieve
 
 
 


Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you!

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home