Thursday, March 31, 2011

The Best Baby Items (4 months to 8 months)

I love lists!  You can read my top ten list, Birth to 4 months here, but many of those items are still on my favorites list and are still loved and used daily. 

Here are a few new items that have made my four month to eight month favorites!  If you are looking for unique baby gifts, these are highly coveted in my opinion. :-)

In no particular order my Top 10 Baby Items...


Vulli Sophie the Giraffe Teether


India loves Sophie.  I don't have to say much more about it, because if you've ever met my daughter, Sophie is never too far from her.  Sophie is a #1 seller for children's toys, and I can see why.  I've never met a child who didn't love her.  She's made of natural rubber and painted with food paint, so she is safe for baby to chew on.  She is one of the best items for a new baby, or an 8-month old.



2. ERGO Baby Carrier, or other soft structure carrier -


ERGO baby Carrier Galaxy Grey/Galaxy


I reviewed my six baby carriers and ultimately, concluded that my ERGO baby carrier is my favorite. India has now reached the point where she tried to escape from my other carriers and other carriers don't provide the needed support for this growing, active little girl!  I LOVE my ERGO baby carrier!




3. Evenflo Exersaucer -

India hated the infant swing and bouncer (read: I never got to shower), and I'm not one to put a baby in one of those, unless I will be out of reach - getting the mail, changing clothes, etc. It surprised me greatly that India actually enjoyed her Exersaucer! Although she isn't so crazy about being confined in it so much now, at her peak, she would play in it for 20 minutes, which would let me get a few things done sans baby.




Another thing I WASN'T going to do. But this machine has been wonderful. When India hears it, she knows it's time for bed, and cuddles close instantly. I teach piano lessons from home, and those coincide with her nap, so this helps drown out the sound in our small house.


5. Munchkin Mesh Feeders -

Munchkin Fresh Food Feeder 2 Pack ,Colors May Vary
While we do infant led feeding, infant led solids, baby led weaning, infant directed feeding (really, someone needs to come up with ONE name for it and spread the word!), mesh feeders are great for stuff that she could too easily choke on.  When we have beef, she eats if from here or in pieces that I tear up for her.  She also has bits of frozen food in here too, like Meshy Boobsicles. :-)  It's perfect for when I wash dishes or clean the kitchen.  She can safely eat without me having to watch every bite. 



6. Good, quality teething toys -


India's favorites are her Sophie, her Babi Corolle Babipouce doll, and ImagiPlay wooden teethers, all of which smell SO good!  We don't allow many plastic toys in our house because of BPA, PVC and phthlates .  The US has made great strides in beginning to eliminate the endocrine disruptors from bottles and pacifiers, and some countries have even made it illegal, but unfortunately, many toys still contain these plastics.  Since these toxins enter a body easily by the mouth, and children put EVERYTHING in their mouths, we've decided to use healthier toys.  Ironically, India chooses the healthy toys over ones made of plastic.   



7. Organic Coconut Oil from Tropical Traditions -


Yes, you read that correctly.  Why coconut oil on a list of favorite baby items??  Since phthlates, one of the toxins mentioned above, is found in most perfumes, lotions, shampoos, etc (even baby products), we mostly use coconut oil for a moisturizer after baths.  Coconut oil is awesome for diaper rash, is safe for cloth diapers and is killer (no pun intended) on yeast rashes.  We also use it for cooking, and India loves to eat it in its semi-solid state.

8. Green Mountain Diaper Products - (previous top 10 item)  


The more I hear about Green Mountain Diapers and the more I use them and they still look the same, the more I love this feels-like-next-door-neighbors company!  I have several items on my 'drool' list, and love how Karen really listens to her customers.  Don't forget the SnuggleWool blankets that they carry!  We LOVE ours!



9. aden + anais swaddle blankets - (previous top 10 item)




Although India isn't swaddled any longer, these blankets are still used for everything!  Peek-a-boo, nursing cover, changing mat, chew toy, oh yeah, and blanket!  Talk about versatile!






10. Earth Mama Angel Baby Bottom Balm - (previous top 10 item)




This balm has saved our butts so many times!  It's absolutely perfect for clearing up the slightest bit of diaper rash and it's safe for cloth diapers.  Earth Mama Angel Baby has great products: their Postpartum Recovery Kit was literally a gift from God after I had India!  You can't go wrong with any of their non-toxic, organic products!




What are some of your must have or favorite baby items from when your child was 4 to 8 months old?

Labels: , , , , , ,

3 Comments:

At March 31, 2011 at 9:57 PM , Blogger Milena Soc said...

What a great list! My son loves Sophie too. We got her when he was only 3 months old and he didn't know what to do with her then (haha). Now it's amazing for those tiny teeth that are coming in :D

 
At April 1, 2011 at 12:21 AM , Blogger Uniquely Normal Mom said...

Yes, Sophie is awesome! My MIL got her when I was pregnant, knowing that I wanted one badly for our baby. :)

 
At April 1, 2011 at 10:48 AM , Blogger Vanessa said...

Great list! Several on your list are on mine! :)

 

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you!

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home