Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Please kick me in the face if I ever...

Please kick me in the face...

...if I ever spend more on soda than I spend for those who truly need clean water to live.

...if I spend more time rescuing animals from a shelter than rescuing children from slavery.

...if I spend more on medications to get thin, and forget to give to those who need a simple medicine to live.

...if I spend more money on going out to eat than I give to the hungry. 

...if I fill my closet with expensive goods and don't clothe the destitute.

...if I spend more on disposable products than helping others who just need basic necessities.

...if I spend more on needless house upgrades, while others in my small town sleep in the Walmart parking lot with their small children.

...if I spend more money on my vacations than I give to mission work.

...if I spend more on bottled water, while others long for a sip of any water.

...if I ever spend more on my pet's food than I give to the homeless.


I could go on, but first I need to be excused so I can go clean my shoe and prepare my face for a kicking.
Ouch.

Labels: , ,

6 Comments:

At March 15, 2011 at 11:42 AM , Blogger T, B, Z, J, M & I said...

Bless you for this post! I could go on and on and on as well, but the point has been made. Thank you for putting words to many of my feelings, including the part about often needing the kick in the face.

 
At March 17, 2011 at 1:49 PM , Blogger Uniquely Normal Mom said...

Thanks! It's so hard not to feel guilty, but yet not too have excess.

If anyone ever finds the perfect balance, let me know! :-)

 
At March 23, 2011 at 8:55 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

This is awesome. You are so right.

 
At March 23, 2011 at 3:21 PM , Blogger Uniquely Normal Mom said...

Thank you! :)

 
At March 26, 2011 at 1:21 PM , Anonymous Stephanie said...

Thank you for the reminder to "keep perspective." It's so easy to lose sight of what matters most.

stephanie@metropolitanmama.net

 
At March 27, 2011 at 10:29 PM , Blogger Uniquely Normal Mom said...

It is hard to remember...even though it's been less than 2 weeks since I wrote this, I still seem to forget. :-/

 

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you!

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home