Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Happy 8 months, India girl!

Awwww, my baby India girl, I love you OH.SO.MUCH. 

We have now entered the stage where you are into everything.  You also chew on everything. You are crawling now, you sit up on your own, you can stand on your own for 10-20 seconds, and you can pull yourself up on furniture if it's the right height. 

You still don't really enjoy solid food beyond a few bites.  You like to share your food with me.  One bite for Mama, one bite for baby.


We're pretty sure you say Mama, Dada and Hi!

You give hugs and kisses when asked....if you want to.  Kisses from you warm my heart.

For the first 6 months of your life, you loved men.  Now you really aren't sure about them, and women are your favorites either.  If strangers and family members that you don't know too well get close or try to hold you, it sends you into a hysterical, crying fit.  I keep telling myself that means that you're healthy.

You love babies and other kids.  You really love people, in spite of a bit of stranger anxiety right now.

We still call you India, India Josephine, India Jo, Pookie(Pooka, Pook, Pooker, Pooka Face) and India jan.
You are SO much fun all day long.  Seriously.  We LOVE being with you!

You are very active! Always moving and wanting to move; hopefully your hyperactive Mama can keep up with you as you quicken!  Diaper changes are a challenge!


You are funny!  You grab blankets, clothes, books, toys and hide your face behind them.  When I call out, "Where is India?" you pull the item down and laugh hysterically, thinking you outwit me!  And of course you did!

You don't like to be too far from me, and I hate being apart from you. 75% of your daytime hours are spent in my arms.  You are still a delight.

You love your BabiCorolle doll, and attempting to eat paper and every cord in our house.  You are very good at the latter two.

You love to be nekked.  You squeal with delight as you roll around and crawl all over our cold, little house, flashing with pride, your cute, cold, little, bum.

You smile from ear to ear when you stand up, when the camera comes out and when you go potty on the toilet.  You make me smile too!

You still smell SO good!  I kiss you and smell your head many times a day!  Your skin is soft and sweet and I adore your chubby little every things.

You still like to go to sleep on your own, most of the time.  Every once in a while, you give your Mama great joy when you let me rock you to sleep!

You wake up once or twice at night, but I honestly can't remember since when you wake up you come to bed with me and eat, and I fall back asleep a few seconds after we lay back down.  You nurse SO nicely at night....your body squishes up as close as possible to me, you put your hand on me and your head fits right under my arm with your toes on my thighs.  It's one of the only times you cuddle me, and this is one of my favorite parts about being a mom. I am dreading when you no longer wake to nurse at night.

Another favorite part of my day is waking up with you.  You giggle, kiss me, talk to me and pat me until I wake up.  Then you smile and enjoy by body as your personal jungle gym.

You are a ham, a cheese, a little drama queen.  You know you are cute and funny, which makes you even cuter and funnier!  You love attention, and demand it quite well. :-)  You bless so many people with that cheesy smile!


You are still such a joy to us, India, and it seems nearly impossible that you are really this old!

I love you, my sweet, sweet gift from God! Happy 8 months!

Labels: , ,

5 Comments:

At March 8, 2011 at 9:09 AM , Blogger the mom~ said...

Happy 8 months old India!

 
At March 8, 2011 at 9:16 AM , Blogger Lynnae said...

Great post Gen:) Happy 8 months India! I can't wait to see you guys again...hopefully soon...we're hoping to take a trip that way when it's time to sandbag again:)

 
At March 8, 2011 at 10:30 AM , Blogger Vanessa said...

Happy Birthday to my little niece! Love you so so much!! Muahh!

 
At March 8, 2011 at 10:33 AM , Blogger Uniquely Normal Mom said...

Thanks ladies! :)

 
At March 8, 2011 at 1:02 PM , Blogger Vanessa said...

You know I just realized I wrote Happy Birthday, when I meant Happy 8 month birthday! LOL! My mind is apparently not here either! ;)

 

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you!

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home