Sunday, August 8, 2010

My one-month-old World Changer

To my dear little India,

Happy One Month Birthday my precious one! I can hardly believe that it's been one month since we officially met. In some ways it feels like you've always been a part of our lives, and sometimes, when I close my eyes, I can still feel your warm, slippery newly birthed body. And it feels like that just happened a few minutes ago. You have already changed so much. Sometimes that makes me cry and I get anxious at the thought of you growing up too quickly, but I know the Lord is good, and this is how He has designed it.

I want you to know that I loved you completely from the moment I knew I was pregnant with you. From before I could feel you tapping inside of me, before I knew what you looked like, or if there was anything "wrong" or "right" with you, before I knew you were a little girl, before I first looked into your eyes - I have loved you completely. I still love you my India, although now, it is different. My love for you is deeper than it was for you one month ago, and I'm sure one month now it will be even more exquisite. My love for you is pure and intoxicating. I love the smell of your head and your breath, the softness of your skin, the look of admiration in your eyes as we stare at each other for hours. I could kiss you all day long!

Your Daddy and I are so delighted that God chose you, for us. We have felt completely unworthy at times to be your caregivers, overwhelmed by the responsibility of raising you to be a blessing to this world. Please have grace with us, and forgive us our failures, as this is a learning and growing process for all of us. We are trying so hard.

We want nothing more than to watch you grow up, a secure, confident little girl, with a tender heart. We want you to see our love and commitment to each other, to you, to the lost and hurting in this world, and to God.

India, you are absolutely beautiful and altogether lovely. I've spent time at the Pyramids at Giza, the Great Wall of China, the Taj Mahal, been awed by famous mountains and mountain ranges, been humbled by the Ganges, Mekong, Thames, Nile, and Yangtze rivers, gone on safaris, trekked in jungles and deserts, watched sunrises and sunsets all over the world, walked on pristine land that was virtually untouched by man, seen volcanoes erupting, have seen many seas and oceans. All of these things that are considered some of the most amazing experiences anyone can take in. But, my sweet little girl, NONE of it is as breathtaking, inspiring, beautiful or heart-moving as you are.

Thank you for being my daughter; I'm so proud to be your Mama. I love you.

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you!

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home