Saturday, January 23, 2010

Dr. Bronner's as Handsoap

Anyone who knows me very well, knows that I HATE spending money. The reasonings behind my frugality are another blog entirely. Anyone who knows me well, also knows that I hate spending money on things that are horrible for the environment and equally as destructive to our bodies.

Getting involved in the whole organic living sphere can be quite overwhelming. What you previously thought was 'natural' because it said so on the bottle, you soon learn it's full of the same garbage as the normal stuff. Parabens, aluminum, DEA, just to name a few.

When you decide to 'go organic' or even green, your pocketbook can take a major hit if you're not careful.

Enter Dr. Bronner's liquid castile soap...
Dr. Bronner's castile soaps - peppermint, lavender and almond!
It's been one of my loves for almost a year now. I use it for anything and everything.  The ingredient list is nothing to fear. It's also Fair Trade Certified. I have a travel sized Lavender, an 8 oz. Peppermint and an 8 oz. Almond. My 8 oz peppermint bottle cost maybe $7-$8, and is lasting me forever, as it needs to be diluted for almost every use. Dr. Bronner's brags of it's many uses, and I can testify to most of these: body wash, face wash, shampoo, laundry, household cleaning, shaving cream, toothpaste, and today I found a new use!

Handsoap!

I used Dr. Bronner's peppermint, as I haven't even opened my almond yet, and thought the lavender might be too feminine. I mixed 1 part Dr. Bronner's to 4 parts water(I used 4 TB of Dr. Bronner's and 1 cup of water) and put it in my soap dispenser. That's it - foamy soap on the cheap!
Dr. Bronner's peppermint castile soap for handsoap!

Labels: , ,

5 Comments:

At January 23, 2010 at 10:50 PM , Blogger Vanessa said...

Where can you get that Gen? I'm always looking to go more natural of course.

 
At January 24, 2010 at 9:29 AM , Blogger Uniquely Normal Mom said...

Target used to carry it, but with their revolving door inventory...otherwise I get it at Whole Foods, co-op's and occasionally Trader Joe's will carry it. You can also buy it online if you are a busy Mama with two little girls at home! ;)

 
At January 24, 2010 at 1:59 PM , Blogger Vanessa said...

Thanks! :)I'm definitely going to look into it. It seems like a good product.

 
At February 28, 2010 at 5:24 PM , Blogger Ana said...

I do this, too! I like to get the baby mild unscented and add my own essential oils for fragrance. :) Love the peppermint for brushing teeth, though. Dr. Bronner's is the best! Makes a great baby wipe solution, too.

 
At August 9, 2011 at 12:10 PM , Anonymous Ana said...

I do this, too! I like to get the baby mild unscented and add my own essential oils for fragrance. :) Love the peppermint for brushing teeth, though. Dr. Bronner's is the best! Makes a great baby wipe solution, too.

 

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you!

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home