Friday, January 1, 2010

This Changes Everything

How do you officially start a blog? Do you announce it to friends? Send e-mail invites? Post your blog address on Facebook? Maybe all of the above? I've been toying with the idea of starting a blog for quite some time, but honestly, we don't have that much cool stuff to write about.

But now we do.

I've been told that having a baby changes everything. And I guess that everything is already starting. For one, my body has totally changed. Maybe this blog isn't the place to detail this. Maybe it is. Either way, those who have been pregnant before don't need any descriptions. In a matter of weeks, my mostly healthy vegetarian-bordering-on-vegan self turned into a ravenous un-vegan carnivore, craving the nastiest, fattest, greasiest and most unhealthy food. Before this I couldn't remember the last time I went to McDonald's or Burger King or had a frozen pizza or ate a piece of string cheese. My dedication to a fit, muscular body has been thrown out the window, in hopes of a few more minutes of laying on the couch so I don't feel so sick.

My thinking has completely changed. I rarely thought, "Will this hurt me?", but now I continually think, "Will this be safe for the baby?".

Since I found out I was pregnant, I don't think I've gone 10 waking minutes without thinking of you and your well-being, Baby. And I don't feel bad about that one bit.

You have turned my world inside out. Upside down. And I love it.

Labels: , ,

3 Comments:

At December 29, 2009 at 11:05 PM , Blogger Vanessa said...

What a sweet post! I love it too!

Love your blog-the name-everything! :)

 
At January 17, 2010 at 6:21 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

Awesome post! How fun for you to have a blog!

 
At August 9, 2011 at 12:11 PM , Anonymous clmalecha said...

Awesome post! How fun for you to have a blog!

 

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you!

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home