Thursday, April 29, 2010

To my sweet baby...

To my sweet little baby,
That's exactly what you are! I'm so in love with you, and I've never seen you. I would move heaven and earth for you, and I haven't even heard your cries yet. I would do anything to protect you, easily going Mama Bear on anything or anyone who threatened your safety. I've changed so many things in my life and environment, not because all of those things are bad, but I don't want to take the chance that they may be bad, and therefore, hurt you.

I can't stop thinking about you. I pray for you all the time. I talk to you even more, telling you about our day, what is happening next, and if you will ever get to participate in these activities with me. Every time you roll in my belly, I have butterflies. I swell with pride, knowing you are fearfully and wonderfully made! You are doing exactly what you are supposed to be doing! You are already a gift, one that I never anticipated to enjoy so much, even now.

I love being pregnant with you! While I can hardly wait to see you, hold you, smell you, touch you, look into your eyes and most of all kiss you endlessly, I am enjoying this time; I know everything has a time and season. I want to cherish this time, because soon you will be in my arms and I will miss your hiccups, jabs, tickles and rolls.

You make me laugh many times a day; I'm guessing you will have a great sense of humor. You entertain me all day long. Whenever I'm bored, or needing a little distraction, you always seem to get my attention! I smile a hundred times a day because of you. Everyone just thinks I like to smile, or that I think their joke is funny, but really, you are the driving force behind my elation.

Every bit of sickness I've had, and continue to have, has been worth it a thousand times over, just for the privilege of being your mama for this long. Because of you, I'm more in love with your daddy than ever - something I didn't think was possible! We can hardly wait until we are a family of three! I was never the "mom" type, always independent, but Baby, you changed that overnight! And I'm so thankful that you did!

I have so many prayers for you. I have so many dreams of what you will be like, what God wants with your life, how you will serve Him. In all the love, dreams, compassion, hopes and thoughts I have for you and about you, I know it is nothing in comparison to what God has in store for you!!! He has the best plans for you, He loves you more than I ever can, and He knows you better than I ever will. I pray that you will live your life as a sacrifice to Him alone!

I love you so much my Baby! XOXO

Labels: , , , ,

8 Comments:

At April 29, 2010 at 10:14 PM , Blogger Tami said...

Oh Gen, this brought tears. Such a beautiful love letter for your babe. Love you!

 
At April 29, 2010 at 11:09 PM , Blogger The Mrs. said...

Hey,
It's Erin (Spears) Selin, I found your blog, and I love it! This is such a precious post. YOu're going to absolutly love this baby even more when he/she is in your arms! Amazing!

 
At April 29, 2010 at 11:30 PM , Blogger Vanessa said...

Beautiful post! I love you and baby!

 
At April 30, 2010 at 3:23 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

Oh How I cherished every minute my babes were in my tummy. You will miss those feelings even when you have him/her in your arms. SO glad I found your blog! Precious ;)

 
At April 30, 2010 at 6:31 PM , Blogger Uniquely Normal Mom said...

Thanks Wombs! Remembering all that you have gone through with your kids & the girls especially, has made me be thankful for every moment I have with my lil parasite! :)
Erin-everyone tells me how wonderful it is & I believe them! Love seeing YOU as a mama!
Thanks Ness, we love you too!
Elise- Baby in belly is pretty convenient & nice, and I'm sure I'll miss it too! Glad you found me too!

 
At August 9, 2011 at 12:11 PM , Anonymous Uniquely Normal said...

Thanks Wombs! Remembering all that you have gone through with your kids & the girls especially, has made me be thankful for every moment I have with my lil parasite! :)
Erin-everyone tells me how wonderful it is & I believe them! Love seeing YOU as a mama!
Thanks Ness, we love you too!
Elise- Baby in belly is pretty convenient & nice, and I'm sure I'll miss it too! Glad you found me too!

 
At August 9, 2011 at 12:11 PM , Anonymous The Mrs. said...

Hey,
It's Erin (Spears) Selin, I found your blog, and I love it! This is such a precious post. YOu're going to absolutly love this baby even more when he/she is in your arms! Amazing!

 
At August 9, 2011 at 12:11 PM , Anonymous Eliscia said...

Oh How I cherished every minute my babes were in my tummy. You will miss those feelings even when you have him/her in your arms. SO glad I found your blog! Precious ;)

 

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you!

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home