Friday, January 13, 2012

Weekend Reading: 1/13/12

Hi everyone!  It's been quite a while since I've done a post of weekend reading, but with old man winter finally showing up for many of us, I figure this is the perfect time to grab some tea, read some thought-provoking posts, challenge ourselves and pray for others!

Happy weekend and happy reading!

Sarah's post, called Emotional Nudists, challenges me as I struggle with vulnerability sometimes. From the post:
But, I say, I will not, I cannot feel that kind of hurt again. I pad my heart so carefully against injury. So I put up walls ... I build up bricks of protection ... Never again, I say. Never. But with all love comes some hurt. With all real emotion comes transparency and with living in an emotionally naked way comes vulnerability.



Please be in prayer for Courtney, as her son, Tripp, is nearing the end of his little life on this earth.


Vanessa asks if $1 really makes a difference in the fight for racial equality.


Read about (and even sign) the petition to bring breastfeeding back to Sesame Street.  I remember when it was on there and didn't think a thing of it!


Emily at Frugal Granola shares a free tutorial on making Homemade Bulk Shopping Bags.


Annalise shares how to make lovely, homemade pure vanilla extract!  Yum!





Labels: , , , ,

3 Comments:

At January 13, 2012 at 11:41 AM , Anonymous annaliseree said...

Awww...  thanks for including me Gen!  Glad you're feeling better!!  

 
At January 13, 2012 at 9:31 PM , Anonymous jewelsntreasures said...

Some really great articles and thank you for including mine! :)

 
At January 13, 2012 at 9:31 PM , Anonymous jewelsntreasures said...

Annalise-Hubby got me vodka and vanilla bean for Christmas so I plan on using your recipe as soon as I find a bottle to put it into! Thanks!! :)

 

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you!

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home