Friday, December 16, 2011

5 Question Friday 12/16/11

Hey everyone, can you believe it's the middle of December?!?!  Christmas is fast approaching, and I hope you all are enjoying this season of Advent, relaxing and getting ready to celebrate the birth of Jesus with important people! 

Here's 5 Questions from 5 Crooked Halos - be sure to link up if you want to answer these 5 questions!


 
1. What's the best Christmas present you've ever received?
 
One time as a kid, I got skies for Christmas.  They were just kiddie ones, but I loved them!  I a practical person, so I LOVE getting make-up, underwear, socks, etc for Christmas.  So boring, but really, it makes me happy!


2. Worst/Funniest White Elephant gift ever received?
 
I've gotten a few weird ones, but nothing really stands out.  Can I tell you a secret?  I hate White Elephant gifts (again, the practical side of me is talking) and will likely skip a party that is having a White Elephant gift exchange.  Scrooge me now, people, I know. 

3. Is your Christmas tree plain and simple (white lights and matching ornaments) or is it wild and crazy (colored lights with lots of ornaments collected over the years)?

Have I mentioned I'm a little OCD?  I am.  Plain lights, matching ornaments, end of story.  I grew up receiving ornaments every year and I'm not going to lie, all those ornaments are sitting in a box labeled "Sell on eBay".  Not even cute homemade ornaments make it to my tree.  Sorry, Baby's First Christmas ornament.

4. "How" do you iron your clothes? The old fashioned iron/ironing board way, the shower, back in the dryer, etc.
 
Um, iron?  No.  Not at all.  Unless my husband is in a wedding.  And even then, 98% of the time, the dryer works just fine!

5. How much baking do you do for Christmas and what are your "must make" items? (I'm looking for recipes here, peeps...)
 
I normally join my mom and sisters for a day of baking, but with some time constraints this year, I'm not sure I will.  So that's the end of my baking.  I do make jiaozi (Chinese dumplings) every year for my family for our all appetizer dinner, and not only is the meal my FAVORITE meal throughout the whole year, the jiaozi has become a family favorite too.  But I only make it once a year!

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

At December 16, 2011 at 10:21 AM , Anonymous Sara said...

I'm that way about my tree too... so we have a mini tree (like 2ish ft tall) and the kids get to decorate that one. its hilariously crazy the way its decorated but i let them do it however they want, and i get to decorate "my" tree the way i want. Sometimes I find they've put one of their ornaments on mine... I switch them back. I can't help it! And I'm with you on the white elephant gifts!

 
At December 16, 2011 at 10:58 AM , Anonymous annaliseree said...

so, will you share your jiaozi recipe??  :o)

 
At December 17, 2011 at 2:51 PM , Anonymous jewelsntreasures said...

Ha! Our answers were VERY similar on these! :)

 

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you!

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home