Tuesday, May 17, 2011

It's a party, the Norwex kind!

I don't like parties that feature products.  Dislike.  I don't like going to parties that feature fancy purses, jewelry, all purpose cleaners or kitchen products, because I don't buy those products.  No doubt, those are some great products, but I just can't afford it, and see some of those products as unnecessary on a limited budget. 

But what I HATE even more than that is what I call the 'guilt buy'....buying a product because I ate some of their food and took up their time and felt pressure.

But yet I just signed up to host my very first "buy a product" party, because there is one product party that I like, because I LOVE the products and am 110% sold!

Yes, I am having a Norwex party!!!  After much persuasion, and years of liking their products, I'm in!

Norwex products

I enjoy Norwex because it is different.  I live as green as possible; I recycle, cloth diaper, make my own laundry detergent, buy in bulk to minimize packaging, am slowly eliminating plastics from our kitchen, eat a lot of organic and whole foods, and clean my house by using minimal chemical cleaners.  That's why Norwex has been a great fit for me.

Especially now that my daughter is crawling around and chewing on everything, I want to make sure things are clean and sometimes vinegar and baking soda just doesn't make things clean enough.

Norwex cloths are totally different than a microfiber cloth you buy at the store - believe me, I was a cynic and tried the store brand - not the same!

I became a believer after trying the Makeup Remover cloth!  And I use the Baby Washcloths to clean India and her highchair after eating.  I like those because after I'm done washing her highchair, I squeeze out extra water, then use the cloth to dry her highchair so it's no longer wet.  One cloth cleans up all her messes!   If any of you have an Enviro Cloth, you completely know what I'm talking about when I say that thing cleans everything! 

If you are in my local area and would like to come to my party, please Facebook me, or send me an e-mail at uniquelynormalmom at gmail dot com and I can tell you the details!

If you can't make it to the party, but would like to put in an order, just let me know, and I can help you with that as well!

From me, a person who doesn't do parties, to you: if you come to my party just to eat some yummy food and don't buy a thing, I WILL UNDERSTAND!  I've been in that situation a few times myself. ;)

Do you ever host parties?  Do you buy something at every party you go to?

Labels: , , ,

5 Comments:

At May 17, 2011 at 9:26 PM , Blogger the mom~ said...

I hosted a Norwex party as well, then attended 4 more that booked from mine and I still want/need MORE NORWEX!!! I want to some or at least place an order! I am a 100% Norwex believer as well. It's the BEST!

 
At May 18, 2011 at 11:56 PM , Blogger Uniquely Normal Mom said...

That is awesome! It's seriously addictive! But it's so nice not to have tons of cleaning products, which aren't healthy for us or the environment.

 
At May 21, 2011 at 10:03 PM , Blogger Milena Soc said...

Haha, this cracked me up! Yes, I had to admit I've been to a Pure Romance party before. The seller wasn't a friend so I didn't feel obligated to buy, which was probably for the best :)

 
At May 29, 2011 at 8:22 PM , Blogger Uniquely Normal Mom said...

:) I've heard of those parties too, but I think I would feel really, really awkward!

 
At June 4, 2011 at 4:12 PM , Blogger Dead Poet said...

What are the prices like?

 

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you!

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home