Thursday, May 5, 2011

I'm unplugging from the world today, again

About two months ago, I posted this post about unplugging from the world.  I'm sure many of you thought I was giving up on life, but no, I wasn't, I was just going to go and enjoy myself - get my hair did, a massage, do a little shopping - all courtesy of the baby contest India won. 

It was a great day!  Busy, but great.


One thing that happened on that day that I forgot to tell you all about though was when I went to get my hair did, I went to the wrong place.  Yep.  The wrong place, with my gift certificate.

But it wasn't my fault.  They had put the correct salon's name on the gift certificate, but with the wrong address and PHONE NUMBER, so when I called to make my appointment, I called the wrong salon.  When I put the salon's address into Google Maps, I got the wrong location and ended up at the wrong salon.

Of course, I didn't find this out until after my hair was done and I presented the gift certificate.  They acknowledged it was an honest mistake (although I was willing to pay for my services), but they declined, and told me my gift certificate was still valid and I could get my hair done at the original salon. 

So, it you're tracking with me, that means I get my hair done two times, with minimal effort on my half.  I normally get my hair done two, maybe three times a year (yes, I have horrible roots), so it's a real treat that I'm going to get my hair done again today!  Yay!!!

This time my agenda isn't as full, but I still have to get back in time for my little nursling and I don't like to use up my stash of liquid gold.  Of course, I'll still be sitting in random parking lots, taking breaks to pump.  I always think that's a little funny... 

Last time, I unplugged from all things technical just to get away and be refreshed and focused on the blessings I was receiving.  Today I'm unplugged because my phone quit working almost two days ago.  PAIN.IN.THE.BUTT.

But I have got a lot more done.

And I'm not always checking the time, reading emails, 'liking' a status on Facebook or answering a text. 

I feel really weird driving an hour away, spending most of the day in this other town, then driving home for an hour, all without my phone.  My phone is my purse.  If I go somewhere, my phone is always with.  Well, mostly.  I do have a bad habit of ignoring notifications on my phone for hours, sometimes days, bypassing them just to write an email, or google something.

Anyways, I have no idea what I will do today.  I probably need to do some clothes shopping, since I'm still wearing clothes that I wore in high school. Blah, I HATE my thighs in the fluorescent lights of a changing room.  At home, my thighs are fine.  But put me in a little room, with gargantuan mirrors and lights detailing every imperfection, and all that equals one crabby Genevieve.  I normally remedy that with some Cold Stone ice cream. :)

Honestly though, I'd rather spend money on India.  I guess that's why moms look frumpy sometimes, because they spend their money on their kids. 

I just hope I don't become too frumpy. 

Maybe this cut would keep away the frumpiness...


And I won't even mention my love for this style...


Or this one either...


Can you tell I love short, minimal maintenance, bed-headish? :)  I used to have me some.  I loved it.

But without a doubt, I will come home tomorrow with my long, blond, wavy locks, because I lack courage, and I am proud of my long locks.  The better to dread in the future, right? ;)




Labels: ,

4 Comments:

At May 5, 2011 at 9:31 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

Amazing how those fitting room mirrors cause that self destructive behaviour that causes
us to do the very thing that makes those thighs more irritating. ;?(.
At 62, and 10 or 15 years of ignoring what it takes to maintain fashionableness, makes me a little sorry that I allowed that. You look beautiful, you don't need to be air brushed perfect, you are perfect to your heavenly father, your husband and your little India. :)

Remember to keep the Main Thing, the main thing. Love reading your posts and the posts of all the other young people on fb.

 
At May 6, 2011 at 1:01 PM , Blogger Uniquely Normal Mom said...

Aww, thank you, Vicki! :-) Made me smile...

 
At May 20, 2011 at 7:11 PM , Anonymous Stephanie said...

I bet you would look totally cute with a short pixie haircut.

stephanie@metropolitanmama.net

 
At August 9, 2011 at 12:10 PM , Anonymous Vicki said...

Amazing how those fitting room mirrors cause that self destructive behaviour that causes
us to do the very thing that makes those thighs more irritating. ;?(.
At 62, and 10 or 15 years of ignoring what it takes to maintain fashionableness, makes me a little sorry that I allowed that. You look beautiful, you don't need to be air brushed perfect, you are perfect to your heavenly father, your husband and your little India. :)

Remember to keep the Main Thing, the main thing. Love reading your posts and the posts of all the other young people on fb.

 

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you!

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home