Friday, April 15, 2011

My 1st Blog Party!

Attention, attention! 

I'm joining my first ever Blog Party!  No, not block party (but we may get that rowdy), a giant Natural Parenting Blog Party hosted by The Peaceful Housewife.

The Peaceful Housewife

I'm not a blogger extraordinaire, but I have realized how important it is to connect with other bloggers and hear about their lives and hear the thoughts that are spinning in their heads.

Don't forget to check out my giveaway for an awesome EIO Kids Cup!

Here are some 'Lemme get to know ya' questions that we are answering for the blog party!

1.How many children do you have, and how old are they?

-One spunky, spazzy, funny, aggressive 9 month old little girl, India Josephine.




2.Do you have a partner, or are you a single parent?

-I do have a partner by the name of Dallas.  We've been married for over 9 years. What a great partner he is!! :-)



3.What are your “hot button” parenting issues?

-You can get my blood boiling with mention of baby trainers, get my blood hot by bashing breastfeeding, and get my blood pretty warm by talking about c-sections and inductions.


4.Have you made any parenting choices that you didn’t think you would make before you were a parent, i.e. cloth diapering a child when you had previously thought it was disgusting?

-Hmmm, I've always been one who likes to be hear lots of options, and I'm pretty open-minded, and so on an issue like cloth-diapering I've known it was the best option for us years before we decided to have kids.  I did promise that I wouldn't put my gargantuan bows on top of my daughters head, but I guess I lied about that (look at above picture).


5.Is there one book or person in particular that’s heavily influenced your parenting choices?

-While she's not a parenting expert, I love Ina May Gaskin and I believe reading her book Ina May's Guide to Childbirth, during my pregnancy laid the ground work for a close, connected relationship with my daughter; from birth and on.

6.If you had to describe each of your children using only one word, what word would you use?

-One word?!?  India = Determined. 


7.Is there one parenting decision that you regret more than others and wish you could change?

-I wish I would've taken it easy and babymooned more in the first two weeks after my daughter's birth.  I had too many visitors, took too long to heal and was exhausted.  I didn't get to take a real nap until my daughter was 10 days old or something!  I felt that just because someone had a meal to share with us, that meant they had a ticket to sit at our house for an hour or two.  Oh, and I wish I never would've used a pacifier - but I didn't really know any better at the time I introduced it.


8.Is there an area of your parenting you wish you were better at?

-I wish I was more patient in the middle of the night!


9.Now for the fun questions – is there one particular food or type of food that you could eat every day?

-Chocolate.

10.Vanilla ice cream or chocolate?

-Vanilla, I strongly dislike chocolate ice cream.


11.What’s your guilty pleasure?

-Meaning, what do I indulge in when I have a spare minute?  I'm a nerd at heart: reading & researching natural parenting studies.  I also have a horrible, horrible sweet tooth.


12.If you could be part of any television show, which show would it be?

-The 700 Club, so I could smack Pat Robertson upside the head.  Just kidding, I believe in non-violence!   Kind of.

Labels: ,

26 Comments:

At April 15, 2011 at 11:17 AM , Blogger dulce de leche said...

Yay! I'm so glad you are participating. It is so much fun to get to know you better. <3. And number 12 had me LOL.

 
At April 15, 2011 at 11:22 AM , Blogger Rhyan said...

Haha, you are too fun Gen! Glad we're friends!

 
At April 15, 2011 at 12:11 PM , Blogger Shanon da Doula said...

Being on the 700 club would be so fun!! Glad to get to connect with you in the Blog Party! :):)

 
At April 15, 2011 at 1:37 PM , Blogger Vanessa said...

So fun to read even though I already knew most of it! :) The pacifier one was new to me, why is that?

 
At April 15, 2011 at 2:36 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

Great to get to know you! I couldn't believe my eyes when I read the one word you would use to describe your daughter. I used the same for my toddler! LOL

 
At April 15, 2011 at 6:47 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

nice to meet you through the blog party

Kelly
themysticalkingdom.blogspot.com

 
At April 15, 2011 at 8:59 PM , Blogger Jenny said...

Thank you so much for joining the blog party! It was wonderful to get to read your answers.

 
At April 15, 2011 at 9:05 PM , Blogger Amanda said...

You totally cracked me up! Not, however, on the note of c-sections because they also make my blood run pretty warm. :)

 
At April 15, 2011 at 10:55 PM , Blogger Heather said...

Glad to link up! #12 cracked me up!

 
At April 16, 2011 at 12:19 AM , Anonymous One Rich Mother said...

Found you through the blog party. Have been reading through your blog and really enjoying myself. I also cracked up at #12 didnt even realize the 700 club was still up and going. lol

 
At April 16, 2011 at 2:44 AM , Anonymous Diane at OhDiane.com said...

Just stopping by for the blog party. LOL at number 12.

 
At April 16, 2011 at 9:38 PM , Anonymous Leslie @ Purejoyparenting said...

Oh how beautiful your little one is. So fun to get to know you better.

Leslie

 
At April 16, 2011 at 11:16 PM , Blogger Megan @ Purple Dancing Dahlias said...

What a beautiful little girl! Visiting from the Natural Parenting Blog Hop!

 
At April 17, 2011 at 2:33 PM , Anonymous Mrs Green @ littlegreenblog.com said...

Oh gosh mama, I hear you on wishing you'd taken longer to 'BE' after the birth. I can totally relate. I hopped here from the blog party and it was great to read your answers - the determination sounds very much like my DD who is 10 now; that spark has never died and she is my greatest teacher :)

 
At April 17, 2011 at 11:17 PM , Blogger Kristen @ My Semi-Crunchy Life said...

LOL about your Pat Robertson comment. This non-violent mama could give him a smack upside the head, too.

 
At April 20, 2011 at 11:43 AM , Blogger Uniquely Normal Mom said...

So nice to 'meet' you all! I just have to say, YAY for the blog party. I never knew it would be so amazing!

And Vanessa, the paci has saved us SO many times, and I have a love/hate relationship with it. I wish I didn't use a paci because:

1. she has such a high need to suck and was gaining like crazy because she was bf'ing like crazy. I saw a decrease in weight growth after introduction of the paci.
2. She's addicted to it (even though we only let her have it a nap and bedtime, or weddings/church). She can spot it a mile away and she'll wiggle crawl her booty as fast as she can to get it.
3. It's not natural.

 
At April 22, 2011 at 10:48 PM , Anonymous Stephanie said...

Loved your answers, Genevieve!

A. Your hair is gorgeous!
B. We have similar "hot button" parenting issues.
C. Do you prefer milk chocolate...or dark?

stephanie@metropolitanmama.net

 
At April 23, 2011 at 1:03 PM , Blogger Uniquely Normal Mom said...

Thanks Stephanie!

A. My hair is actually Poo free, for almost 2 years now, and it's working pretty good for me. :)

B. Yes, I try to speak gently on those issues, but honestly, I'd rather just link up to your blog instead as you explain those things so well. ;)

C. Hmmm, milk? But I can't have it in my house. I have no self control with it, so I stick to dark chocolate. Mostly.

 
At June 19, 2011 at 11:30 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Accabler de vingt-cinq ou trente sous, ou bien en indulgence des accusés, de formation logique et de la maison un puissant propriétaire. Maintenir bien ce qu'elle fait, et il goûter les voix débit à l'instar de au fond cet phénomène se porter que, dans ses lingerie blancs.

 
At July 17, 2011 at 7:45 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ladylike Post. This post helped me in my college assignment. Thanks Alot

 
At August 9, 2011 at 12:11 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Accabler de vingt-cinq ou trente sous, ou bien en indulgence des accusés, de formation logique et de la maison un puissant propriétaire. Maintenir bien ce qu'elle fait, et il goûter les voix débit à l'instar de au fond cet phénomène se porter que, dans ses lingerie blancs.

 
At August 9, 2011 at 12:11 PM , Anonymous Kristen @ Adventures in Mommyh said...

LOL about your Pat Robertson comment. This non-violent mama could give him a smack upside the head, too.

 
At August 9, 2011 at 12:11 PM , Anonymous Diane at OhDiane.com said...

Just stopping by for the blog party. LOL at number 12.

 
At August 9, 2011 at 12:11 PM , Anonymous One Rich Mother said...

Found you through the blog party. Have been reading through your blog and really enjoying myself. I also cracked up at #12 didnt even realize the 700 club was still up and going. lol

 
At August 9, 2011 at 12:11 PM , Anonymous Kelly said...

nice to meet you through the blog party

Kelly
themysticalkingdom.blogspot.com

 
At August 9, 2011 at 12:11 PM , Anonymous dulce de leche said...

Yay! I'm so glad you are participating. It is so much fun to get to know you better. <3. And number 12 had me LOL.

 

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you!

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home