Friday, June 29, 2012

5 Question Friday: 6/29/12

Hi everyone!  It's just me here!  It's a been a while since we've had a 5 Question Friday and as heat waves are blasting the US right now, what better option than to sit on your couch, read my 5 questions and then answer your own! 

1. What's your favorite childhood snack that you still eat as an adult?
 
Marshmallows.  I know.  Bad!  But I love roasted marshmallows.  I'll skip the chocolate and graham crackers with a S'more and just toast marshmallow after marshmallow.  If they catch fire, no bueno.  I roast them perfectly over warm coals and get them nice and brown! YUM! 
2. What food will you not eat the low fat version of?


Everything!  Gross.  We have full fat everything in our house.  I used to think low fat or now fat meant healthy, but I now know that's totally not the case.  I know people think low fat will keep the pounds off, but it's just not true. Here's a little blurb about low fat diets and lifestyle.  And another one that details why fats are good for you.

3. What's your favorite way to cool off during the summer?


Ummm, I don't like clothes in general, so the less I have on, the better.  Not in winter, then I like to be all bundled up.  So yeah, if I can go mostly nekkid around my house, I'm content.  That's why it's best for people to call ahead before they visit.  You never know what might scar your eyes if you show up unannounced!  Besides, I've spent a lot of time breastfeeding in the last two years, and with a new little one arriving in the next month, you can guess I'll be spending a lot more time like that soon! 

I do like tubing down the river, too.  THAT is my all-time favorite activity ever!


4. What's your favorite summer read?

Magazines.  I don't read too many books because I cheat and skip ahead, but magazine articles (or blog posts) can hold my attention.


5. What are you doing to stay cool in this awful heat?


I live in MN so it's definitely NOT awful here at all.  It's very mild in the summer here.  It's expected to hit a high of 87 F, which is calm compared to many other places I've been or what many of you are experiencing.  You'll won't hear me complain about the heat because I love it!

Have a great weekend, everyone! 

 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you!

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home