Friday, March 2, 2012

5 Question Friday! 3/2/12

Here's this week 5 Question Friday.  Be sure to answer these questions yourself and link up at My Little Life
1. Where is your favorite vacation spot and why?
My favorite vacation spot has been the Cayman Islands, Little Cayman in particular.  When we went there, we flew in on a little airplane, landing on a grass landing strip.  Only 60 some people lived on the island year round at that time, so it was pristine!  We also took a little fishing boat and spent some time on a private island right off the coast.  Thailand is another great vacation spot and the food is amazing!  Hawaii was one of my least favorites - too commercialized and the ocean just wasn't as pure as some of the places in the Caribbean I've been.  However, if I'm going to spend lots of money on a trip, I'd want to save up for a trip back to Afghanistan.  Not vacation by ANY means, but it's a life goal to get back there and bring my kids to the land that I love.  You can read a little about my time in Afghanistan here in Part 1 and Part 2    

2. What is your biggest guilty pleasure?

Pinterest is kind of sneaking up there, right next to reading blogs and articles and studies.  Food wise?  Well, I'm knocked up, so everything fatty and greasy and spicy sounds wonderful to me.  Oh, and ripple chips and dip.  Gag.  Can't believe I just confessed that.

3. What is your favorite fashion trend right now? Or, in the past?

I really miss the rat's tail.  Nothing more attractive than a long piece of rat's tail, cascading off the back of a man's head. Haha!  Fashion?  Well, I put fashion on the back burner when I moved back to the small town we live in now!  If you followed fashion trends here, you'd be waaaaaay ahead of the time and looked at as a weirdo.  Mostly just looked at as a weirdo.     

4. What are your spring break plans?

Nada.  Pssh, I've always equated spring break with college binge drinking, stranger sex and beaches.  Hah, thank you MTV: Spring Break.  We don't really have spring break and besides, I already told you, I want to get back to Afghanistan!

5. What baby names do you hate?

Hate is a strong word.  Do I answer this question?  Or will I royally make some people mad?  OK, since I was asked...anything really common and trendy.  And I wouldn't say hate, more like, a little creativity angel dies when I hear another common name given to a baby that will most definitely have to go by its middle or last name in school because there are 12 other _____ in their class.   Another one that gets me just a little, is when people have to spell names in a weird fashion.  They get props for being creative, but really, Chrysthin?  Couldn't you just settle for Kristin?   

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

At March 2, 2012 at 10:28 AM , Anonymous kbreints said...

I love pinterest.... but i DO NOT feel guilty for using it ;)

 
At March 2, 2012 at 1:58 PM , Anonymous Conniedenny said...

I don't mind names that are spelled uncommon but I do think it's ridiculous when someone does have a name that is uncommon and the name holder is offended and insistent their name is spelled and pronouced correctly. Another example, Annika with a long or short "A". Don't correct me, there's a ton of Annikas out there and I'll never remember - I'll try but don't count on it! LOL

Thanks for the reminder, I still haven't checked out Pinterest!!

 
At March 14, 2012 at 3:36 PM , Anonymous Michelle Tiemann said...

Where were you in Hawaii? I have been to Oahu and disliked it for the reason you gave but I have been to the island of Kauai twice and it was wonderful...it is called the Garden Isle.  The Caribbean sounds wonderful. 

 

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you!

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home