Friday, November 4, 2011

30

I'm celebrating my 30th birthday this weekend and here are 30 things that have helped formulate me.  Some of them were difficult, some breathtaking, all highly recommended!  Reading this list, I realized how blessed I have been to be able to do all of these things!

~Watched a sunset at the Taj Mahal
~Married the love of my life
~Ran a 5k
~Riden on elephants while on jungle safaris
~Taught myself how to sew
~Visited ancient Mayan ruins
~Taught myself how to garden and preserve food
~Saw the Himalayas
~Gave birth to my daughter and birthed her right into my own hands, in the water
~Sang and played piano in front of thousands of people at one time
~Studied a foreign language
~Manuveured a plane unassisted (take off and landing included)
~Gone on a spontaneous road trip
~Hidden from the Taliban
~Never lived with debt
~Seen the Mekong, the Ganges, the Thames, the Mississippi, the Yellow River, the Rio Grande, the Nile, the Colorado and the Yangtze rivers
~Swam with sting rays, held them and let them eat out of my hand
~Eaten weird foods - clotted duck blood takes the cake ;-)
~Publicly danced choreographed dances (twice. never again!)
~Riden camels, donkeys and elephants as means of transportation
~Got head lice from loving on some sick kids at an orphanage
~Water skiied, downhill skiied and cross country skiied
~Visited the Great Wall several times
~Ate koshari on the banks of the Nile
~Started a blog
~Visited and walked around an active volcano
~Touched the Pacific, Atlantic and Indian oceans
~Hiked through jungles in Southeast Asia
~Visited pristine land on the plateus and mountains of Tibet
~Walked around the Pyramids at Giza

After a concert/performance in India.  We were bombarded with new friends!



For the next 30 years:
Put dreadlocks in my hair
Have another baby
Skydive
Become a doula
Have another baby
Get back to Afghanistan with my whole family
Be in a musical
Get a tattoo for each child I have
Continue leading singing and leading others in worship
Change the world

That's not too much to ask, right? 

Labels: , , , , , ,

5 Comments:

At November 4, 2011 at 11:41 AM , Anonymous Charity said...

WOW! That is ALOT of amazing stuff in 30 years - love it! And I feel like I know you a little bit too :) Have a wonderful year!!!

 
At November 4, 2011 at 12:35 PM , Anonymous Jmendoza said...

Love these. My only question...how in the world have you managed to live debt free?! That blows my mind...

 
At November 4, 2011 at 8:41 PM , Anonymous Jessica Jollyjess said...

Great list! Happy Birthday!

 
At November 5, 2011 at 6:52 AM , Anonymous Afarmwifeslife said...

A-MAZ-ing list!!  Happy birthday to you!

 
At November 7, 2011 at 3:16 PM , Anonymous Sara said...

wow that is one amazing list! Happy birthday to you! 

 

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you!

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home