Tuesday, February 1, 2011

I love winter??

I have a love-hate relationship with winter.  My relationship with winter is more of a hate-hate thing, but I'm really trying here.   

How I feel about winter is nothing like my love-love-love-love relationship with my precious, glorious summer!  Blissfully hot, sunshine, gardening, tank top, good drinks, county fair, short shorts, outdoor activities, bikini (or not now that my belly skin feels like a Great-Grandma's underarm dangly skin and looks like sloughed off snake skin that is flesh colored - I think I just had inspiration for another post!), swimming, friends, tubing, fresh fruit, baseball and softball season....Oh wait, this is supposed to be about winter, not summer. 

Back to business.

In an effort to be positive this first day of February, that is gracing me with a blustery windchill of -19 degrees Farenheit, I am going to make a list of things I enjoy about winter.  We all know that I LOVE lists.

  1. Christmas.  Sometimes I think it's the only redeeming thing about winter.
  2. Hot chocolate and chai. I make my own!
  3. Snow days! Nothing like being forced to stay inside and play games, watch movies and cuddle with the people you love.
  4. Snowmobiling.  Even though I don't have a snowmobile, I make sure I get out once and year and tear it up on one of my dad's snowmobiles.
  5. Pretty, snow-covered trees.
  6. Getting caught up on TV shows and movies.
  7. Soup.  I make my own of this, too! ;-)
  8. Planning for my spring garden.
  9. Target always puts their summer clothes out about right now!
  10. Winter means spring is coming?? Can you tell I'm running out of ideas?  At least I made it to ten.
What is your favorite season and why?  Do you have a hard time enjoying your least favorite season?

Labels: , , ,

5 Comments:

At February 1, 2011 at 11:52 AM , Blogger Kelly said...

I don't hate winter, I actually kind of like but, but it is still my least favorite season. I live for summer for all the reasons you stated and also for the farmers market, berry picking, and canning season.
But winter does keep me in my house a lot, so it also focuses me on our home. How to make it better for us. I just gave my bathroom a face lift- it was way over due. Now I go into the bathroom and breath a calm breath. I actually like it. So even though I am forced inside I am going to make the best of it. And go grab my gardening seed catalogs and get planning!

 
At February 1, 2011 at 11:58 AM , Blogger Lynnae said...

Fall is my favorite season, but the thing I LOVE about winter is JANUARY CLEARANCE SHOPPING!!! The only time of the year I can afford to buy more than one item because they are all only a dollar or two or even five when I'm feeling crazy!

 
At February 1, 2011 at 12:14 PM , Blogger Uniquely Normal Mom said...

I forgot about berry picking! I just love the freedom of summer! And the warmth too. :-)

Haha, you wild $5 spender! I LOVE clearance shopping also! Although, with India, I don't go out as often cuz it's so freaking cold!

 
At February 2, 2011 at 2:07 PM , Blogger the mom~ said...

Fall is my favortie season, it gives life to my soul.
Summer is the ONLY reason we stay in MN.
Spring gives me hope. Hope for new life, warmth, clean starts.
Winter-SUCKS!

 
At February 5, 2011 at 12:00 AM , Blogger Uniquely Normal Mom said...

Great points, Salena! Fall is so cozy, spring reminds me of promise, summer is BEAUTIFUL and well(trying to be positive), winter gives reason to rest.

 

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you!

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home