Friday, April 27, 2012

5 Question Friday! 4/27/12

I haven't posted in two weeks!  TWO WEEKS!  That is probably the longest hiatus I've taken in over a year!  I have lots of blog posts all written and the general ideas formulated, it's just this time of year my garden and outside playtime takes precedent.  So, in order to make up for it, I'm going to really, really, answer these questions with all my heart.  You like that?  All my heart?  Because it has me really laughing out loud! 

Anyways, here is to Five Question Friday, and as always, link up at Five Crooked Halos!  Have a wonderful weekend!
 

1. Do you make your kids finish all the food on their plates?

Nah...she's pretty young and I'm pretty sure she knows when she's hungry and when she's not.  However, I do strategically plan what goes on her plate at what time.  For instance, fruits and veggies go on last otherwise, she would only eat those!
 

2. Do you give an allowance?

(I love talking about money and finances, so brace yourself!)

Not yet.  When she is older and money has a little more value, she will get most likely get some sort of allowance, per age, per chores done.  One family I know gives 50 cents a week per age.  So, when she's three, she would get $1.50 a week if she completed her chores.  I like that idea.  

Also, my dad made my sister and I save half of our income and put it in a mutual fund for us.  I hated turning in $5 of my hard-earned $10 after babysitting all day (and sometimes I'd "forget"), but to have thousands of dollars saved when I was an adult was SO nice!  My kids will do the same.  Tithe 10% (at least), save 50%, keep the remaining 40%.  I run a super tight budget for our family, which has given us much freedom and no debts (even though we're eligible for every type of government assistance that there is) and I'll teach my kids how to live on a budget from the get-go!

When I find change around the house or in the car or in pockets, it goes in her Forever Savings, meaning it's going to seem like forever until she can touch it!  Ha!  As it stands right now, all the money India has gotten for birthdays and holidays is saved and will be in her Forever Savings.  I've had people give me grief as to why I don't let her use that money on candy or toys that she really likes, but I'm guessing that in the long run she'll be much more appreciative of a large chunk of money when she really needs it versus a bag of gummy bears right now.

3. Do you actually park your car in the garage?

Haha, no!  Our garage is a storage area!  We used to and it's our goal to one day do that again, but our sweet daughter has been given lots of outside toys and they take up a good portion of our single stall garage.

4. What is one food you will NEVER cook?

Never?  That's a strong word!  :)   I'm pretty sure I'd cook almost anything.

5. Do you have anything exciting planned for the summer?

Nah, not really.  Nothing life-changing happening here.  Oh wait, yes, actually something really cool IS happening this summer!  I'm having a baby!  :)  Yep, another sweet, yummy-smelling, little one will join our family!  I'm getting to the point where I can hardly wait to meet this little one!  I'm so excited to get to know him or her and have some new love in our family!


 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you!

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home