Friday, November 30, 2012

5 Question Friday! 11/30/12

5 Question Friday!  Link up!


1. W
hat do you give teachers for gifts?



My kids aren't school-aged yet, so we haven't had this issue.  However, as a piano & voice teacher, I can tell you what NOT to get for teachers.  I've had a few interesting gifts in my years of teaching.  ;)  Homemade stuff is cute but it does get thrown away. (Sorry!)  Since most teachers get bombarded with similar gifts (read: mugs, hot chocolate, etc.), which aren't awful, but when you have a bajillion mugs, then it's a bit much.  One family I teach give me potted flowers every year -- they decorate the front of my house all spring, summer & early fall!  I have a couple that give baked goods (some teachers don't appreciate this, but I do) and if I get too many at one time, I freeze some.  Since school teachers get lots of gifts, when in doubt, a gift certificate for the local coffee shop is something I think everyone would appreciate, whether they drink coffee or not!

2. Do you text? One finger texter or total pro?


Since I'm normally holding a child or two, I use one hand.  It's amazing the proficiency I have when I can use BOTH hands!

3. Do you give back during the holidays? If so, in what way/which is your favorite charity?


I wouldn't say we 'give back' during the holiday season any more than any other season.  We give as we see and hear about needs all year long. 

4. If you would've been the sole winner of the 575+ million dollar Powerball jackpot, what would you have done with all that money?


This is always an interesting question!  Almost everyone says, "Give to charity!"  And yes, I would give to charity and tithe a large portion of it.  Other than that, I'd buy a larger home.  Not that we really need it, though.  And I'd buy my husband a newer motorcycle.  The rest would be invested in various places.  But, I'd never win the Powerball because I know the statistical chances of winning and know my money would get a better return invested elsewhere. :)

5. Will you please take just a moment to spread the word and pray about my friend's missing family members? There still is no news, and I can't imagine their pain and worry. Facebook prayer page: Prayers for Trista, Shy and Matt.

Labels:

3 Comments:

At November 30, 2012 at 11:43 AM , Anonymous Mama M. said...

Texting with two hands is amazing, isn't it? When I have to use one hand, I feel like I'm so slow! Thanks for helping to spread the word about my friend's missing family members.

 
At November 30, 2012 at 12:58 PM , Anonymous epiceric99 said...

I like giving baked goods to my neighbors, and they haven't complained yet ;).  I agree with giving all year and not just during the holidays.  Can you imagine if we only got a gift once a year?

Have a blessed weekend.

 
At December 11, 2012 at 1:32 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

[url=http://ivlkrwnnz.com]FEBePsUeqUQciZ[/url] - trzAxg , http://hhmgziigpu.com

 

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you!

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home